[PVE-User] Ris: Ceph MON quorum problem

Ronny Aasen ronny+pve-user at aasen.cx
Mon Sep 16 14:49:06 CEST 2019

with 2 rooms there is no way to avoid a split brain situation unless you
have a tie breaker outside one of those 2 rooms.

Run a Mon on a neutral third location is the quick, correct, and simple
solution.

Or

you need to have a master-slave situation where one room is the master
(3 mons) and the other room is the slave (2 mons) and the slave can not
operate without the master, but the master can operate alone.

good luck
Ronny