[PVE-User] Ceph Crush Map

Fabrizio Cuseo f.cuseo at panservice.it
Tue Sep 10 20:14:03 CEST 2019

Hello.

I want to suggest a new feature for PVE release 6.1 :)

Scenario:
- 3 hosts in a rack in building A
- 3 hosts in a rack in building B
- a dedicated 2 x 10Gbit connection (200mt fiber channel)

A single PVE cluster with 6 hosts.
A single Ceph cluster with 6 hosts (each with several OSD)

I would like to manipulate the crush map to have my pools with not less than 1 copy for each building (so if I have a pool with 3 copies, I need to have 2 copies on different hosts in building A, and 1 copy on one of the hosts in building B).

With this configuration I can obtain a full redundancy of my VMs and data (something wrong ?).

I can change manually the crush map, pools and so on, but with the GUI this can be more simple (also if i need to add other servers to my cluster).

Regards, Fabrizio