Help on setting up cloud server!

System Admin sysadmin at tashicell.com
Mon Jul 22 09:06:28 CEST 2019

Hi all,

I'm new to Proxmox & Ceph. I would like to seek your help on setting up
cloud server.

I've three PVE (version 5.5-3) nodes configured with Ceph storage on
hardware RAID 0 (MegaRAID SAS). I couldn't find a way to flash to IT HBA
mode.

Now, I would like to install CentOS 7 VM on *ceph-vm* pools and then,
will configure NextCloud web application on other disk partition using
different storage pool. Now this is where I need help.

Which storage type RBD or CephFS is best for the cloud and how would I
load them on VM. Your help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Sonam