[PVE-User] ceph-osd not starting after network related issues

Ian Coetzee proxmox at iancoetzee.za.net
Mon Jul 1 09:10:31 CEST 2019

Hi All,

This morning I have a bit of a big boo-boo on our production system.

After a very sudden network outage somewhere during the night, one of my
ceph-osd's is no longer starting up.

If I try and start it manually, I get a very spectacular failure, see link.
https://www.jacklin.co.za/zerobin/?04e2dcd13ab8dfc8#zKCISUvAm4o/6mnLmyu+8fSS1VumC65XaETt/dD7rn0=

As near as I can tell, it seems to be asserting whether a file exsists, I
have yet to determine which file that would be. Any pointers are welcome,
as well as any other ideas to get the osd back. For some reason there is
data on the osd that was not replicated to my other osd's, as such I can
not just re-init this osd as some of the posts I could find suggests

I am also going to head to the ceph ML in a bit (after I have registered)

Kind regards