[PVE-User] Discard transmission between VM / LVM / mdadm layers ?

Frédéric MASSOT frederic at juliana-multimedia.com
Fri Dec 13 16:52:41 CET 2019

Le 13/12/2019 à 13:15, Alexandre DERUMIER a écrit :
> When a VM sends a discard/trim command, is it sent to the SSD, LVM does
> not block the command?
>
> Hi, yes it's working with lvm (lvm thin only)

Ah, there is the subtlety, lvm-thin transmits discard/trim commands, but
not lvm. It is therefore necessary to use the storage type lvm-thin and
not lvm.

I installed the server with the Debian installer and then I installed
Proxmox. The Debian installer uses the type lvm and not lvm-thin.

Regards.
|              FRÉDÉRIC MASSOT               |
|     http://www.juliana-multimedia.com      |
|   mailto:frederic at juliana-multimedia.com   |
| +33.(0)2.97.54.77.94  +33.(0)6.67.19.95.69 |