[PVE-User] Move VM's HDD incl. snapshots from one Ceph to another

Uwe Sauter uwe.sauter.de at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 12:57:54 CEST 2019

Hi,

@Eneko

Both clusters are hyper-converged PVE clusters each running its own Ceph cluster. On the older PVE 5 cluster I created a new RBD
storage configuration for the PVE6 Ceph. So I can access the new Ceph from the old Cluster.

I also migrated some VMs via the GUI from one Ceph to the other but those VMs didn't have snapshots.

My question is: how can I move a RBD image with snapshots from one cluster to the other while keeping the history (snapshots)?

@Mark:

Do you think that this would work?

rbd --cluster ceph --pool vdisks export --export-format 2 vm-101-disk-0 - | \
rbd --cluster cluster2 --pool vdisks import --export-format 2 - vm-101-disk-0

Regards,

	Uwe