[PVE-User] Move VM's HDD incl. snapshots from one Ceph to another

Uwe Sauter uwe.sauter.de at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 10:14:30 CEST 2019

Hi all,

is it possible to move a VM's disks from one Ceph cluster to another, including all snapshots that those disks have? The GUI
doesn't let me do it but is there some commandline magic that will move the disks and all I have to do is edit the VM's config file?

Background: I have two PVE clusters, one of which is already PVE 6. Now I need to move the VMs from the older to the newer cluster
so I can re-install those machines with PVE 6. I know that an upgrade is possible but I'd like the cleaner approach of re-installing.

Regards,

	Uwe