[PVE-User] Crash/Reboot on Proxmox 4.4

Dean Russ dean at broadvoice.com
Sun Aug 18 19:42:48 CEST 2019

One of our Proxmox 4.4-24 servers recently crashed/rebooted at the same time a backup was supposed to run. The only thing I noticed was that a few days prior to the unexpected reboot we moved 2 HA VMs on the server to another server and did not modify or re-save the old backup job. I am suspecting there is a bug when Proxmox tries to backup an VM on a server which no longer exists. Has anyone seen this behavior before? We are planning on upgrading the servers in this Proxmox cluster to version 5.4 later this week.

Thanks,

Dean