[PVE-User] rbd lock list -- how to track down to client?

Igor Podlesny pve-user at poige.ru
Tue Apr 30 10:12:58 CEST 2019

On Tue, 30 Apr 2019 at 15:02, Alwin Antreich <a.antreich at proxmox.com> wrote:
[...]
> > > $ rbd lock list cassandra
> > >
> > > There is 1 exclusive lock on this image.
> > > Locker       ID                         Address
> > > client.10197 kubelet_lock_magic_nodebr0 10.0.2.5:0/1005447
> >
> > How would one find out what's using it?
> > The only clear item is IP address (and port number is indicated as "0"
> > which isn't any helpful), but obviously host can have tons of RBD
> > clients running as well.
> >
> > Can 10197 or 1005447 give any cue?
> > Also, with Proxmox KVM ID looks as "auto" followed by rather big
> > integer. Can it be used for such tracking?

> Once you have the client, you connect to it run a 'rbd showmapped' to
> see which rbd device is mapped to which image.

Obviously
won't
work -- if RBD's client is a running instance (aka process) of /usr/bin/kvm.

Moreover, it might be the case that one did check with qemu monitor's
"info block" all the running instances and didn't find references to
image in question.

So I'm looking for bullet proof and better direct way to use info
given by "rbd lock list". Guesswork takes too much time and efforts.

--
End of message. Next message?