[PVE-User] rbd lock list -- how to track down to client?

Igor Podlesny pve-user at poige.ru
Tue Apr 30 09:30:19 CEST 2019

In most cases I've found people were willing just to remove the lock.
But as to me it's better try to find if there's no legitimate use
before doing that.

So, as an example (at
https://lists.openshift.redhat.com/openshift-archives/dev/2016-January/msg00110.html)

> $ rbd lock list cassandra
>
> There is 1 exclusive lock on this image.
> Locker       ID                         Address
> client.10197 kubelet_lock_magic_nodebr0 10.0.2.5:0/1005447

How would one find out what's using it?
The only clear item is IP address (and port number is indicated as "0"
which isn't any helpful), but obviously host can have tons of RBD
clients running as well.

Can 10197 or 1005447 give any cue?
Also, with Proxmox KVM ID looks as "auto" followed by rather big
integer. Can it be used for such tracking?

--
End of message. Next message?