[PVE-User] please help setup correctly proxmox cluster

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Mon Oct 22 09:08:45 CEST 2018

On 10/22/18 7:02 AM, Юрий Авдеев wrote:
> What I need: Two hosts (node1 and node2) with one virtual machine in replication without shared storage.
> If one of two hosts is dead - virtual machine will starts in other hosts. Node3 is online, only for quorum, not for virt.
> I using ZFS for storage on hosts. Please help me to understand, how I must set up this thing correctly.
> Great thanks everybody!

Either just give one node more votes (preferred) or instead of starting
up a VM with PVE for quorum just execute `pvecm expected 1` if you are sure
the other node *is really* dead.

It's hard to say whats wrong without any logs. But a VM in PVE for itself
should never be done, at least if not for testing purpose - to much
intertwined dependencies, it's just not a good stable design.