[PVE-User] HA Failover if shared storage fails on one Node

Mark Adams mark at openvs.co.uk
Wed Oct 17 13:29:04 CEST 2018

What interface is your cluster communication (corosync) running over? As
this is the link that needs to be unavailable to initiate a VM start on
another node AFAIK.

Basically, the other nodes in the cluster need to be seeing a problem with
the node. If its still communicating over the whichever interface you have
the cluster communication on then as far as it is concerned the node is
still up. If you just lose access to your storage, then your VM will still
be running in memory.

I don't believe there is any separate storage specific monitoring in
proxmox that could trigger a move to another node. If there is I'm sure
someone else on the list will advise.

Regards,
Mark