[PVE-User] Can I get some assistance with installing proxmox on Dell Poweredge R815 servers

Phil Schwarz infolist at schwarz-fr.net
Fri Jun 1 15:06:14 CEST 2018

Hi,
is the use of H700 as Raid controller mandatory ???

Using the H700 as HBA only and configure every disk as JBOD . You could
save you Energy, Stress,... :

- Using ZFS Raidz (=Raid1) for Proxmox system disks may be worth it.
Simple, integrated into Proxmox base system, ..
A real pleasure, especially when a disk failure occurs and you have to
rescue the array. You'll love ZFS (if you don't love it currently)

- Use every other disk as OSD object storage for Ceph backend storage.

A dozen nodes ceph cluster build over R715 could achieve pretty good
perfs if network is decent.

Best regards