[PVE-User] Multiple bridge on single physical interface

Jean-mathieu CHANTREIN jean-mathieu.chantrein at univ-angers.fr
Wed Sep 20 16:37:53 CEST 2017

Hello.

I try to make this:

(1)
<physical_interface0>-----<vmbr0>-----<subnetwork1>

|--------------------<vmbr1>-----<subnetwork2>

But apparently, one physical interface can't have 2 virtual bridge. So I try this:

(2)
<physical_interface0>-----<vmbr0>-----<subnetwork1>

<virtual_interface_on_physical_interface0>--------------------<vmbr1>-----<subnetwork2>

But my virtual interface is not recognize, because I have to fixe an ip address to the virtual interface and I don't want make this trick.

Globally, I want to make this:

|-----<host1>

|-----<host2>
| |-----<physical_interface0>-----<vmbr0>-----<subnetwork1>
| |

VM in subnetwork1(resp.2) on host1 must be communicate with VM in subnetwork1(resp.2) on host2 via just one single interface and my host must be not reacheable by subnetwork.

How I can make this ?

I tryed to address my virtual_interface or enable proxy_arp on the physical interface but without success...

If you have any idea...

Best regards.

Jean-Mathieu