[PVE-User] Bonding and packetloss

Daniel daniel at linux-nerd.de
Fri Sep 1 22:22:48 CEST 2017

Hi there,

here is a small overview if my Network:

2x HP Switches. Both are connected with 4x 1Gbit with a LACP Trunk to each other – Working as expected.

Now my Problem, I configured all my hosts with Bond Mode 6 and conncted 1 NIC to Switch One and the other to Switch Two
Sometimes I got packetloss and see a Kernel error like this: vmbr0: received packet on bond0 with own address as source address (addr:0c:c4:7a:aa:5c:e4, vlan:0)

Some hosts are working pretty well and some has Packet Loss.
After adding some “rules” to a host which has loss the error messages disappear but the loss (less loss) still exists.
Is there any special hint what can be the matter? When I change to active/passive mode all is fine.

This is my interfaces config which has packetloss:

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface eno1 inet manual

iface eno2 inet manual

auto bond0
iface bond0 inet manual
                slaves eno1 eno2
                bond_miimon 100
                bond_mode 6

auto vmbr0
iface vmbr0 inet static
                address  10.0.2.111
                netmask  255.255.255.0
                gateway  10.0.2.1
                bridge_ports bond0
                bridge_stp off
                bridge_fd 0
                bridge_maxage 0
                bridge_ageing 0
                bridge_maxwait 0

I am absolutely without any glue ☹ tested a lot and nothing really helps to solve this problem.

--
Grüsse

Daniel