[PVE-User] OVA, OVF support

Emmanuel Kasper e.kasper at proxmox.com
Wed Nov 15 11:08:57 CET 2017

On 11/14/2017 12:45 PM, Ian Coetzee wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Thank you for this awesome feature. My 2cents worth though....
>
> Trying to import an OVF that was coverted from a XVA that was exported
> from a XenServer 6.5 fails gloriously. Also doesn't import into
> VirtualBox, so I am gonna blame Citrix for this one
>
> Now if only we could get a XVA importer, for some whacky reason
> XenSever fails to export the VM's as OVF/OVA's </RANT>
>
> Kind regards

If you manage to get a disk image from Xen , remember you can also use
qm importdisk ( see qm help importdisk)

If you have a real OVF which is not recognized by PVE, please check
first with the ovftool from VmWare if the format is right
( ovftool --verifyOnly /path/to_my.ovf)

If you have an OVF which passes this test successfully and is recognized
by PVE, please submit a bug report in our bugzilla.