[PVE-User] sbin/unconfigured.sh

Steve steve at easy2boot.com
Fri May 19 11:27:20 CEST 2017

If I type xinit it says /bin/sh: xinit: not found

I am the author of easy2boot which is a USB multiboot tool to allow people
to boot from 100's of different ISOs (or images) all from one USB stick.
I have been asked by a user to get proxmox 4 working.
3.2 works because I can run the unconfigured.sh from the command line

http://rmprepusb.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/add-proxmox-isos-to-easy2boot.html
http://www.easy2boot.com

I tried setting proxdebug and  root=/dev/sdb1  or lvm2root=/dev/sdb1 to get
it to mount the FAT32 partition to /mnt. I do not need to manually use any
mount commands, it just automatically runs init but this causes an early
error message of
mount: mounting /dev/sdb1 on /mnt failed: Invalid argument
but if I use the mount command I can see that /mnt is present as a vfat
/dev/sdb1
If I press CTRL+D to continue, it fails in the exact same place with
Installation aborted - unable to continue.
Note that this is not using my script at all, just the original init script
- I have not broken into the boot process because it picks up the lvm2root
parameter.

I am so *near*, yet I just cannot get the unconfigured.sh script to run in
this way...

thanks for your help.
Steve