[PVE-User] Proxmox DRBD9 primary/secondary setup?

Søren Laursen sln at fcoo.dk
Mon May 15 12:10:34 CEST 2017

Hi,

We have been evaluating Proxmox as a replacement for our ganeti cluster.

Currently we are running 4.4-13 and have enabled drbd9 to have a primary/secondary node setup like we have in Ganeti.

We have some problems, but are not sure if we have setup the proxmox cluster wrong or we have misunderstod something.

The proxmox cluster consist of 3 nodes (HP servers):
pve-manager/4.4-13/7ea56165 (running kernel: 4.4.59-1-pve)

We have enabled the drbd plugin for proxmox and have the following setup:
drbd: drbdstorage
        content images,rootdir
        redundancy 2

We can see that the vm's get replicated but we have no clue on which nodes is primary/secondary.

And if we in the webgui press Edit on drbdstorage under the storage tab nothing happens - is this normal?

Have we misunderstood anything during the setup of Proxmox with DRBD9, and should we (if we can) downgrade to drbd8, to get a setup like ganeti where we know which node contains what.

Best regards,

Søren