[PVE-User] Expected fencing behavior on a bifurcated 4-node HA cluster

Gilberto Nunes gilberto.nunes32 at gmail.com
Thu May 4 16:31:12 CEST 2017

Hi

I think in this case, the nove with 0 vote, will be ignored by others
nodes, when count as a quorum, so the entire system will be just see 3
nodes with quorum...

> On 05/04/2017 04:10 PM, Adam Carheden wrote:
>
>> On 05/04/2017 12:39 AM, Thomas Lamprecht wrote:
>>
>>> As Dietmar hinted: you can configure how many votes a node provides
>>> (must be >= 1).
>>>
>> Not true:
>>

> Saw that actually myself just after writing because we then discussed it
> here :-)
>

>> # pvecm status
>> Membership information
>> ----------------------
>>      Nodeid      Votes Name
>> 0x00000004          0 192.168.0.11 (local)
>> 0x00000003          1 192.168.0.203
>> 0x00000001          1 192.168.0.204
>> 0x00000002          1 192.168.0.206
>>
>> ...but I assume that you meant "not advisable" rather than "not
>> possible". Does anyone know the consequences of giving a node 0 votes?
>>

> Not really tested would rather hit the nail.
> You can do this, it should work just fine, with the natural consequence
> that this node has no influence on quorum.
> It can receive cluster traffic without problems, but there may be some
> implications which do not come to my mind at the moment.

Obrigado

Cordialmente

Gilberto Ferreira

Consultor TI Linux | IaaS Proxmox, CloudStack, KVM | Zentyal Server |
Zimbra Mail Server

(47) 3025-5907
(47) 99676-7530

Skype: konnectati