[PVE-User] btrfs in a guest

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 13:56:32 CEST 2017

On 17/07/2017 9:20 PM, lists wrote:
> So, should I worry about this CoW penalty or not really?

Ah, I see what you mean. I wouldn't have thought so, but for the
definitive answer probably best asked on the Ceph list.

>> Personally I'd go with zfs over btrf.
> Interesting. I see that also with zfs, you can expose previous
> versions via samba.
>
> You prefer zfs, because..? (The "more mature" argument, or other
> reasons as well..? perhaps specific to running on Qemu VM on ceph storag

More mature basically, and I don't have a lot of faith in btrfs
stability. Last I checked RAID 5/6 was still experimental, for good
reasons. Still issues with fragmentation.

--
Lindsay Mathieson