[PVE-User] virtio-9p-pci is not a valid device model name, since yesterday

Arjen arjenvanweelden at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 10:51:40 CET 2017

Hi all,

After a apt-get dist-upgrade which updated pve-qemu-kvm from 2.7.1-3 to
2.7.1-4, kvm complains when starting VMs that 'virtio-9p-pci' is not a
valid device model name. It is no longer in the kvm -device help list.

I was using 9p to share a folder with the host:
# args: -virtfs local,id=i1,path=p1,security_model=none,mount_tag=t1

Is dropping virtio-9p-pci on purpose? Could I have know this change was
coming? Is there a work-around to keep using it? Have other people
experienced this also, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for reading,
	Arjen