[PVE-User] Setup a cluster proxmox behind just one public ip address

Philip Abernethy p.abernethy at proxmox.com
Tue Aug 29 16:56:48 CEST 2017

Hi

It's possible, but can, at least partly, defeat the purpose of a
cluster. If only one node of, say, three is publicly reachable it
becomes a single point of failure. Once that 'main' node is offline the
others are unreachable, no matter if they're running or not, and so are
the virtual machines they host. This can be worked around by using a
floating IP. Your hoster should be able to help you with that.
With a floating IP you can point it to the node you're currently
installing. First point of order should probably be to copy ssh keys
around, so you can always reach every node from every other node.

Regards,
Philip