[PVE-User] VMA endianness bug?

Gwenn Gueguen gwenn+proxmox at beurre.demisel.net
Fri Nov 25 12:15:11 CET 2016

On Fri, 25 Nov 2016 12:03:14 +0100 (CET)
Wolfgang Bumiller <w.bumiller at proxmox.com> wrote:

> Unfortunately this is correct. Also note that the first byte of the
> blob buffer is unused (iow. the first length starts at an offset of
> 1). (If you just access it via the offset pointers from the
> device/config fields you won't run into this, but if you try to just
> index the size+data pairs you will ;-) ).

Fortunately, I'm using offsets stored in the header so this is not a
problem.

> May I ask what you're working on?

We will use Proxmox to host an experimentation platform and we'll have
to import/export VMs from/to other virtualization platforms so I'm
trying to develop a small tool to convert VMA backups to OVA and vice
versa.

An import/export feature would be great.

--
Gwenn Gueguen