[PVE-User] Debian initramfs bug #775583

Marcus proxmox-user at mattern.org
Fri Nov 25 00:48:59 CET 2016

Hi,

it seems that I hit this bug on a Proxmox test installation with Proxmox
4.3. Symptoms are the same as described in the bug report
(https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=775583) - LVM Volume
for /usr is not activated at boot. Manually doing a vgchange -a y in the
initramfs shell activates them and the OS boots.

There is a "local-block" initramfs script in the Debian latest version
of the lvm2 package that fixes this issue. If I copy it to my Proxmox
test installation and rebuild the initramfs it boots normally.

I found that the bug is fixed in Debian lvm2_2.02.111-2.1.

Regards.