[PVE-User] Ceph - Better understanings

Daniel Eschner daniel at linux-nerd.de
Fri May 27 22:27:21 CEST 2016

Hi all,

i am playing with Ceph and some thinks i dont understand.
The Proxmox docu tells how to setup easily - everthinks is working.
But i want to understand how the Recplication and Redundancy works.

I Setup 3 SSD OSDs ans created a Pool with Size 3 and Mn Size 2

Proxmox tells me the available disk size is 1200GB (3x 400GB SSDs)
How can that redundant when when i use 1TB storage?

I see used 6GB  but when i see the Ceph Storage it tells me used 18GB - Thats means replicated on all SSDs.
But usebale is 1,2TB - dont understand how can that be - its impossible for my understanding

I didnt find any good explanation in the web :-(

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jhzjq7773n0wn5t/Screenshot%202016-05-27%2022.18.47.png?dl=0