[PVE-User] VM clone with 2 disks fails on ZFS-iSCSI IET storage

Mikhail m at plus-plus.su
Fri Mar 18 21:47:41 CET 2016

I think that if you're going to use FreeNAS w/ZFS only for testing
purposes or for fun then you will be fine. But if you're seriously
thinking to put into production, then I suggest you to think twice
before it is too late.

>From what I see, ZFS works best with Solaris-based OS - that is, it has
native iSCSI support, it is all stable and so on. If you put ZFS on some
other OS, then you are in trouble.

I remember ~10 years (or maybe even more, like 2004) back when FreeBSD
introduced ZFS support. I had a chance to test it, and I was quickly
disappointed - these old days 4GB of RAM were like 128GB of RAM today,
and it was so unstable. So many years passed, but we still see some sort
of limitations or problems with ZFS on OSes other than Solaris.