[PVE-User] cpu share

Tonči Stipičević tonci at suma-informatika.hr
Sun Mar 13 01:14:53 CET 2016

Hello to all,

I've just done p2v and VM seems to be working slower than the same
physical machine.
It is (was) w2008r2 SQL server and I tried to optimize it as much as
possible : disks images are are in raw format, virtio drivers for disk
and net, ...

I've noticed that whenever some big processing is happening in the VM
and CPU goes up to 100% , the host CPU is allsways around 35-40%.  HDD
raid subsystem is strong enough (raid10 )and there is very very little
iowait .

How could I give some more CPU to this VM ?

  This VM is one and only on this host (ex physicall host) .  CPU is
xeon 2-core 51xx  3.0GHz

How could I determine how much "cpu power" I have left ?
  (vzcpucheck does not work  and I've read that this was only for
containers)
I increased cpu units up to 100000 but nothing changed , gave 2-cores to
VM  but no difference
In what direction should I proceed?

Thank you very much in advance
and