[PVE-User] New Proxmox cluster

Dmitry Petuhov mityapetuhov at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 17:05:46 CEST 2016

03.06.2016 17:19, Lutz Willek wrote:
>> Creating VM is it correct to keep on the SAN iSCSI LUN both the qcow2
>> file of the OS and the qcow2 files of the DATA.
>> Or it is better to keep the qcow2 file of the OS in the local
>> /var/lib/vz ...
> Maybe I dont understand you correctly, but qcow2 is not possible with SAN.
> http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Storage_Model
Not quite. There's some cluster-aware filesystems like gfs2 or ocfs2, which can run over shared storage, including SAN, supporting not-raw images.
I didn't seen official manuals for such setups, but googling for "proxmox iscsi gfs2" may give some hints.

Storing images on local (or any other not shared) storage will break live-migration and HA, so it's better to store all VM images on shared storage, if you can.