[PVE-User] New Proxmox cluster

Lutz Willek l.willek at science-computing.de
Fri Jun 3 16:19:23 CEST 2016

https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/ISCSI_Multipath

> Following your experience and best practices, what type of file system
> is better to use for the SAN iSCSI LUNs in order to mantain data
> integrity on the cluster ?
That depends on your requirements.
https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Iscsi/nappit#iscsi_setup_at_pve
Personally, I prefer LVM groups with network backing via iscsi.

> Creating VM is it correct to keep on the SAN iSCSI LUN both the qcow2
> file of the OS and the qcow2 files of the DATA.
> Or it is better to keep the qcow2 file of the OS in the local
> /var/lib/vz ...
Maybe I dont understand you correctly, but qcow2 is not possible with SAN.
http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Storage_Model

> Thanks in advance, Edgardo

Freundliche Grüße / Best Regards

          Lutz Willek