[PVE-User] Again, Ceph: default timeout for osd?

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Mon Dec 19 12:25:53 CET 2016

Mandi! Jeff Palmer
  In chel di` si favelave...

> I think you've answered the nodown/noout question.

I was not able to get it back, but i'm sure i've found docs, that seems
to me valuable, that suggest to set both noout and nodown flags.

Anyway, i've just wrote 100 times on the blackboard «don't set the
'nodown' flag»... ;-)

> As for the "total unreasonable value" for the default..  In my
> experience the "defaults" become the defaults in 1 of 2 primary ways.

It did not seem polemic. Simpy looking at the docs (link in my past
email) seems to me that really default value for 'mon osd report
timeout' is 300 seconds, that speaking of I/O seems to me really high.

Or, at least, if there's a reason for a such default value, i'm not
able to see it...

Sorry, thanks.

    http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/25/index.php/component/k2/item/123