[PVE-User] Cross CPD HA

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Fri Dec 16 12:49:06 CET 2016

Hi all,

We are doing a preliminary study for a VMWare installation migration to
Proxmox.

Currently, customer has 2 CPDs in HA, so that if the main CPD goes down,
all VMs are restarted in backup CPD. Storage is SAN and storage data is
replicated using SAN capabilities.

What can be done with Proxmox to get the same HA capabilities? Would it
be better to have 2 independent clusters, one in each CPD, or a unique
cluster with two failure domains?

I have some worries about quorum for a single-cluster, but I don't think
Proxmox has anything prepared for cross-cluster HA?

Thanks
Eneko

--
Zuzendari Teknikoa / Director Técnico