[PVE-User] Upgrading to PVE 4.2 4.4.x kernel makes node crash badly - H200A controller (no attachments)

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Fri Apr 29 12:48:39 CEST 2016

Hi All,

I'm in the process of upgrading our office cluster from PVE 4.1 to PVE
4.2, for testing prior to installing a new node on a client next week.

So far I have upgraded 2 nodes:

- First node was a Dell T20, it work OK
- Second node is a Dell T610, this has been problematic.

The problem is with the 4.4.6-1-pve kernel, it is unable to read from
the H200A controller in T610 . If I reboot with kernel 4.2.8-1-pve
kernel it works OK again.

Please find a pair of console captures here:
ftp://ftp.binovo.es/elacunza/console1.png
ftp://ftp.binovo.es/elacunza/console2.png

I'm continuing the upgrade with other two nodes, another T20 and a IBM
x3400 ... :)

Cheers
Eneko

--