[PVE-User] Serial port crossover

Frank, Petric (Petric) Petric.Frank at alcatel-lucent.com
Tue Sep 29 14:35:51 CEST 2015

Hello,

this may not be exactly be a proxmox problem ...

I have to connect two VM servers via a (virtual) cross-over serial cable. I do not want to use the serial ports of the VM host - i.e. connect the serial interfaces from the VMs to /dev/ttyS(1/2) and use a physical x-over cable at the proxmox host.

I know that I can use the "-serial:..." option to define the serial ports. But how to interconnect two of them.

Is such a thing possible.
If yes, can you give me a hint on how to do it ?

Kind regards
  Petric