[PVE-User] Doubt about Virtual Routers on Proxmox

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Thu Sep 17 15:56:50 CEST 2015

Hi Hector,

I do speak spanish, you can write off-list in spanish if you want, but I
think that writing in english in-list can be good for everyone.

El 17/09/15 a las 13:37, Hector Suarez Planas escribió:

> > It all depends on your requirements of security and performance.
>
> Hum... Can you explain me that, please? A small example. :-)

You now, it isn't the same to have a military customer, a comercial
customer in high sensivity market (railroad or airplane supplier for
example), or a small local goods supplier... security requirements and
paranoia are at different levels... :)

> > We have several small office Debian-based firewall/routers virtualized
> > on Proxmox servers, for some years now.
>
> Oh, I'm glad to hear that. Now there is a boom in use of pfSense, but
> I remain with VyOS. I prefer the Debian based distros. One question:
> Do these offices have complex or simple networks? I would like to
> abound more on the subject. I mean, if it's not too much to ask, of
> course.

Our customers usually have a simple LAN with VPN access. Some have also
a permanent VPN across sites. We ourselves have remote workers via VPN
and also permanent VPN to cloud (Proxmox) servers.

All our deployments use plain Debian with IPtables and OpenVPN. We use
fwbuilder for easy iptables configuration.

> Sorry for my bad English.
You're doing quite well so far ;)

Cheers
Eneko