[PVE-User] I try hard but...

Gilberto Nunes gilberto.nunes32 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 11:52:27 CET 2015

Hi

>Is that something that you can easily reproduce  ? ( dd with conv=fsync
>or other tool)

Should I do such command in NFS server, mounted NFS share on Proxmox or
inside the guest?

>I do have heard about transient problems from NFS Servers at some
>hosters, when running vzdump on a NFS target, the backup would hang at
>some point because the NFS connection was lost.

Yeah! I have some problem like this in the pass, but solved with soft
options in storage.cf

>Up to know I though this was caused by some kind of network throttling
>done by the hoster, which was causing the traffic to be blocked longer
>that the NFS timeout.

Network path is 1 gb cable. There's nothing more between storage and
proxmox.
In NFS server, no log indicate any time out, even in proxmox server. Just
isnside the VM and this happen when I open multiple impasync comand (3 at
least) in other mail host, in order to sync mailbox over the network.

> Hi
>
> On 10/26/2015 02:25 PM, Dmitry Petuhov wrote:
> > There's issue with NFS: if you try to send over it more than network can
> deal
> > with (100-120 MBps for 1-gigabit), it imposes several-second pauses,
> which are
> > being interpreted like hardware errors. These bursts may be just few
> seconds
> > long to trigger issue.
> >
> > You can try to limit bandwidth in virtual HDD config to something like
> 60-70
> > MBps. This should be enough for 1-gigabit network.
> >
> > But my opinion is that it's better to switch to iSCSI.
>

> Is that something that you can easily reproduce  ? ( dd with conv=fsync
> or other tool)
>
> I do have heard about transient problems from NFS Servers at some
> hosters, when running vzdump on a NFS target, the backup would hang at
> some point because the NFS connection was lost.
>
> Up to know I though this was caused by some kind of network throttling
> done by the hoster, which was causing the traffic to be blocked longer
> that the NFS timeout.

Gilberto Ferreira
+55 (47) 9676-7530
Skype: gilberto.nunes36