[PVE-User] VM snapshots

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Tue Oct 6 15:26:13 CEST 2015

Hi,

El 06/10/15 a las 15:22, Gilou escribió:
> Le 06/10/2015 15:13, Eneko Lacunza a écrit :
>> I was looking for VM snapshotting capability on Proxmox:
>> https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Live_Snapshots
>>
>> I think this is outdated? Because now snapshot backups use
>> qemu-snapshots and not LVM snapshots?
> For VMs, it never used LVM, as stated somehow on the page ? ;)
Yes, I thought t was, but I haven't never used snapshot so I think it
was a misunderstanding on my part from the beginning :)

>> So the 16GB free in pve VG is not strictly necessary now?
> It is if you need to backup OpenVZ containers live. If you don't,
> probably not so much.
Good point, not using cointainers here so I always forget about them :)

>> Also, is it possible to snaphost a VM on a LVM type storage?
> I don't think you can currently, but it could be possible to do it
> anyway, as I think qemu allows for a snapshot to be made on another
> block device...
Ok, thanks.

Do you think it would be interesing to update the wiki page? I can do so
and post here for confirmation for the changes?

Thanks
Eneko

--
Zuzendari Teknikoa / Director Técnico