[PVE-User] VM snapshots

Gilou contact+dev at gilouweb.com
Tue Oct 6 15:22:02 CEST 2015

Le 06/10/2015 15:13, Eneko Lacunza a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I was looking for VM snapshotting capability on Proxmox:
> https://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Live_Snapshots
>
> I think this is outdated? Because now snapshot backups use
> qemu-snapshots and not LVM snapshots?

For VMs, it never used LVM, as stated somehow on the page ? ;)

> So the 16GB free in pve VG is not strictly necessary now?

It is if you need to backup OpenVZ containers live. If you don't,
probably not so much.

> Also, is it possible to snaphost a VM on a LVM type storage?

I don't think you can currently, but it could be possible to do it
anyway, as I think qemu allows for a snapshot to be made on another
block device...

Gilles