[PVE-User] VDI on Proxmox anyone?

Dimitris Beletsiotis dimitris.beletsiotis at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 13:53:26 CEST 2015

Hi there,

Correct me if I am wrong but below solutions (Windows TS and Linux X
clients) are not VDI with Proxmox.

Windows Terminal services and Linux X desktops are totally different and
can be implemented on every virtualization platform (or bare metal).

The advantage of using Proxmox with Spice is the integration between the
virtualization environment and the (thin) client's desktop/experience.

VDI is more appealing on platforms like VMware Horizon where desktop and
applications are virtualized and management of images is much easier (with
high cost of course :-) )

Best Regards,

Dimitris Beletsiotis