[PVE-User] Network performance problem with Windows 2012 guest

Dmitry Petuhov mityapetuhov at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 12:44:12 CET 2015

14.01.2015 14:26, Eneko Lacunza пишет:
> I've noticed that its tap interface is reporting about 10Mbps on atop,
> and >85% usage on the interface (I'm stunned about this)
That's normal. In linux's tun/tap driver displayed speed is hardcoded.
It's not affects real speed (atop can show thousands percents load).

> I've seem very slow network on that VM. Is that normal? Maybe changing
> to Intel e1000 could improve the situation?
You could try :) It's mostly depends on what diver you have now :) e1000
is faster than RTL8139 and VirtIO is faster than e1000. But for some
Windows versions you may need Redhat's signed virtio drivers, which
comes with RHEL.