[PVE-User] syslog Message on proxmox-host "kernel: Neighbour table overflow."

sebastian at debianfan.de sebastian at debianfan.de
Sun Feb 22 13:24:33 CET 2015

Hello everybody,

I used so far on my Proxmox server 3 kvm's.

My provider has now made me more IP addresses available so that I can
run more than 3 vm's.

The 3 kvm's run without any problems - stable and fast.

I still have 2 more test machines created - each with 1 processor and 2
GB Ram - nothing that would put the host system into performance problems.

Only the following message in the syslog host machine I now noticed:

kernel: Neighbour table overflow.

The solution would actually match the corresponding values ​​of the system:

The following values ​​are now in the configuration:
net.ipv4.neigh.default.gc_thresh1 = 256
net.ipv4.neigh.default.gc_thresh2 = 512
net.ipv4.neigh.default.gc_thresh3 = 1024

Another problem is I also noticed:

The "external link", that is, from my home computer to a new kvm's is
interrupted occasionally - it connects not via ssh.

Putty then gets a timeout.

When I go to the machine via the Proxmox configuration interface, i can
ping and trace to external hosts.

Hang the two problems together or are there 2 problems?

Any Suggestions?

Sebastian