[PVE-User] Disk full errors but plenty of free space reported (KVM io-error status)

Francesco Ongaro francesco.ongaro at isgroup.it
Thu Aug 27 15:28:11 CEST 2015

On 08/27/2015 03:02 PM, Eneko Lacunza wrote:
> If you can't write files in that filesystem from the hypervisor, then
> it's not a KVM/openvz problem.
>
> You have to fix that first, then check if VMs and containers work OK.

Hi Eneko,

initially I was thinking to deleted files with open descriptors not
releasing space, perhaps inside some openvz container, but then I
rebooted and after some time the problem shown again in the form of
kvm io-error. So I would exclude it but in reality I do not know how
to calculate such space once listed with "lsof | grep deleted".

If somebody known this is something that I would monitor in the future.

Since on this list there are for sure providers with all sort of users,
that have from resource killer application to hacked machines, I was
asking if anybody experienced this before.

Condition: free space, free inodes, filesystem ok, clean dmesg, openvz
and kvm machines running, plenty of mounts, full disk errors.

Thanks,
Francesco