[PVE-User] ZFS iSCSI issues

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Tue Aug 18 01:17:28 CEST 2015

On Mon, 17 Aug 2015 18:56:28 -0400
Usama Ahmad <u.usama at gmail.com> wrote:

> Look up SmartOS it runs off a USBkey and is not persistent other than SMF
> scripts (/opt and /usbkey folders). That way you do not need a separate
> drive for OS as that runs off ram. I for some reason never got along with
> OmniOS tried to a few times but really hate giving up a drive on box for OS
> and not very successful with USB installs. Tried Napp-it too
> unsuccessfully, want to try it out again someday.

I see. Omnios for me was love at first sight;-) Minimalistic (no gui),
rock solid, unbeatable performance, and completely FOSS.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
... the MYSTERIANS are in here with my CORDUROY SOAP DISH!!