[PVE-User] Ceph is the preferred proxmox shared storage?

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 10:39:03 CET 2014

On Wed, 29 Oct 2014 09:06:44 AM Eneko Lacunza wrote:
>  haven't deployed glusterfs myself. I think you can put
> CTs/ISOs/backups on glusterfs but not in ceph-rbd

Yes, I think its images only, not a problem for this exercise

> (maybe yes on cephfs).

Is that done via a manual mount with proxmox treating it as a directory?

> Otherwise I think using ceph-rbd could be better for performance,
> because you don't have an intermediate filesystem.

One big advantage glusterfs has here is the intermediate filesystem. If things
go totally pear shaped you can just pull one of the replica drives and copy
the files off it. Difficult if not impossible to do that with ceph.

--
Lindsay