[PVE-User] Ceph is the preferred proxmox shared storage?

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 05:43:57 CET 2014

Sorry to keep coming back to this :( but we're adding a 3rd node to
our cluster which brings ceph back into the picture ...

Is there a particular reason that ceph is preferred to glusterfs?
better performance? more fault tolerant?

Also - my third proxmox node is just a lightweight intel nuc for
quorum - it won't be running VM's or contributing storage. Does the
following setup make sense?

Node1: OSD1 + Monitor

Node2: OSD3 + Monitor

Node1: Monitor Only

Node1 & Node2 are connected via Dual Bonded 1GB Ethernet

Node3 Only has 1GB Ethernet

--
Lindsay