[PVE-User] excessive I/O latency during CEPH rebuild

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Tue Oct 28 16:11:08 CET 2014

Hi Adam,

You only have 3 osd in ceph cluster?

What about journals? Are they inline or in a separate (ssd?) disk?

What about network? Do you have an phisically independent network for
proxmox/vms and ceph?

We have a currently 6-osd 3-node ceph cluster;  doing an out/in of a
osd, doesn't create a very high impact. If you in a new osd (replace a
disk) the impact is noticeable but our ~30 vms were yet workable. We do
have different physicall networks for proxmox/VMs and ceph. (1gbit)

Cheers
Eneko

--
Zuzendari Teknikoa / Director Técnico