[PVE-User] Two proxmox clusters sharing same storage

Chris Murray chrismurray84 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 12:54:29 CEST 2014

I think you're right and I'm assuming that's the way the process works, but I suppose I'm asking:

Why does it not enumerate the disks associated with a VM (and only those disks, used and unused), then remove them? Is there a technical reason not to do it that way?

e.g. why does:

rm /mnt/pve/nfsA/images/113/vm-113-disk-1.raw

turn into

rm /mnt/pve/nfsA/images/113/vm-113-disk-1.raw

rm /mnt/pve/nfsB/images/113/vm-113-disk-1.raw

What if a VM had two disks on two separate mountpoints and you remove one of the disks? You'd never expect it to remove the other one.

It's probably a good idea not to have two clusters share the same mount on the grounds of confusion and overlapping ID numbers, but deleting files which one cluster technically shouldn't even know exist doesn't make much sense to me.

Chris