[PVE-User] Boot problem with PERC H310

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Wed Oct 8 16:02:58 CEST 2014

This is for the record;

It seems Dell PERC H310 has a very bad/buggy/slow firmware, that sucks
big time. I wasn't able to make use of the card as-is.

BUT

I installed on the card a LSI target-only firmware (no RAID options, no
boot options) that makes the card faster and... it works OK with linux
Drivers. It is currently working in our ceph storage cluster; server
boots just OK.

Firmware change recipe (there are others, beaware some CLI command typos):
http://www.vladan.fr/flash-dell-perc-h310-with-it-firmware/

Beaware this procedure is not supported by Dell.

Cheers
Eneko

--
Zuzendari Teknikoa / Director Técnico