[PVE-User] On VMware vSphere

j at no-io.net j at no-io.net
Thu Oct 2 16:37:00 CEST 2014

The company that I work for current environment is VMware vSphere; without going on a rant about vSphere, the tldr is that it's just bad.

 For those people who have extensive experience with vSphere in production and Proxmox VE in production have you ran into any weird issues? I've setup PVE and it seems to work real good (so good that it's almost like it's too good to be true).

 I've only had one or two issues using it; I kept getting errors when trying to shutdown a VM that PVE could not get a lock for the VM. Other than that, is there anything major with the HA? What about old snaphots? In VMware if you leave a snapshot and delete it the entire VM will slow down to a crawl depending on how large the snapshot is.

 Lastly, is there documentation outside of the wiki? I purchased the Mastering Proxmox book (which is good); but I just feel that I'm missing some documentation somewhere.

 Thanks