[PVE-User] Proxmox and 10G switches

Sten Aus sten.aus at eenet.ee
Thu Nov 6 20:19:22 CET 2014

Hi guys and girls

I am adding new 10G switch (and connect two 10G switches) and installed
one new Proxmox node there. Multicast and spanning-tree has been turned
on on both switches. But I cannot get quorum between this new node and
existing nodes. I can see new node from the GUI (red cross) and on the
"pvecm nodes" output, but it won't attach to cluster properly. Of course
I can ping and ssh both directions.
Working cluster schema: 5 Proxmox nodes, 1 x 10G switch, 1 x 1G switch.

Multicast ping (ssmping utility) working in direction:
pve15 (on Extreme Summit switch) -> pve153 (on DELL switch)
but not working on opposite direction (from DELL switch to Extreme Summit)
random server (on DELL switch) -> pve153(on DELL switch)

10G Switches (connected to eachother, not stacked):
Extreme Summit X670-48x
DELL N4064F
1G switch: NetGear
Servers - different DELL products

Does anyone have some suggestions on that? :) I am guessing
misconfiguration on DELL Switch, but hope to find any suggestions, if
someone has bumped onto this kind of problem.

All the best
Sten Aus