[PVE-User] Migrating a Proxmox 1.9 to 3.1

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Thu Mar 6 13:07:14 CET 2014

Hi,

Thanks Martin and Michael for your messages. The upgrade process has
been quite smooth except for some minor issues (noted for the record):

- Some package config file conflicts/issues in 1.9->2.0 upgrade (npre,
mdadm,...) . Fixing the problems/running apt-get install by hand and
then re-running the upgrade script did it.

- After 1.9->2.0 upgrade, system would not boot.
upgrade-from-grub-legacy seems to have fixed the issue .

- 2.3->3.1 upgrade had no problems. Just removed debian kernel packages
so that default kernel was PVE's.

- I noticed that our FwBuilder-compiled iptables script was not working
correctly; changing the firewall setting to iptables 1.4.4 or better and
recompiling/reinstalling fixed the problem (seems negated rules were not
recognized).

VMs were imported perfectly and all of them are working.

Thanks a lot
Eneko